Cook's Hideout: Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Sandwich

December 10, 2015

Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Sandwich

Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 2/ Day 1
Theme: Instant Breakfast
Dish: Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
My theme for this week's blogging marathon is 'Instant Breakfast' and Valli wants it to be a quick dish that can be made in less than 20 minutes. So I have 3 easy to make dishes that are filling and delicious.
Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwich
Breakfast in my household is usually cereal, oats or quick sandwiches, I don't usually cook anything elaborate except for when we have company. So this instant breakfast recipe theme is definitely up my alley and I'm going to share them here this week.
First up is this Peanut butter & Banana sandwich. I try to keep bread, either homemade or store bought, in stock all the time. My son loves Nutella sandwich, grilled cheese and other bread based dishes so bread is a very important ingredient in my household.
Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwich
This sandwich is one of my favorite, it keeps me going till lunch time. Peanut butter is a great source of protein, dietary fiber, vitamin E and vitamin B6. Banana and peanut butter is a delicious combination. When I was working, my manager used to keep a jar of peanut butter and her breakfast used to be banana smeared with PB.
Here I use the same combination as a filling in the sandwich. Use a hearty multi grain or whole wheat bread for a filling and delicious breakfast.

Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwich
  Ingredients:
  • 2 Bread Slices (homemade or Store bought)
  • 1tbsp Peanut Butter
  • 1 Small Banana, sliced
  • As needed Honey or Maple syrup (optional)
Method:
  1. Toast the bread to desired doneness. I like mine lightly golden.
  2. Spread peanut butter evenly on one side of the bread. Arrange banana slices on top and drizzle with honey or maple syrup (if desired). Place the other bread slice on top and press lightly. Serve right away!!
Banana and Peanut Butter Sandwich

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 59.
Signature

9 comments:

  1. Peanut butter,banana and honey in sandwich sounds yummy.Gorgeous clicks Pavani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of breakfast sandwich. Love to have it without any fuss..Super like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my lil girls fav breakfast a couple of years back but now her tastes have changed. Awesome pics Pavani...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes a great breakfast for kids. I usually replace it with nutella as my kids don't prefer peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super combo, Pavani. Love the props there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely a perfect kid friendly breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a feast you got there Pavani..:)..I won't mind this sort of breakfast anytime...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips