Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Holiday Bakes
Dish: Hasselback Potatoes
We are starting our last week of blogging marathon for this year and my theme for the week is 'Holiday Bakes'. I'm starting with a simple baked potato dish called 'Hasselback potatoes'.
- 4 Medium size Russet Potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2tbsp Butter, melted
- 2tbsp Oil
- 1tsp Paprika (adjust as per taste)
- To taste Salt
- 3tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 3tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut thin slices in the potatoes making sure that they are not cut all the way down but stopping short so that it is still connected in the bottom. Placing the potato on a spoon helps you slice the potatoes without cutting all the way down.
- Combine melted butter, oil, paprika and oil in a small bowl. Brush the potatoes with the oil.
- Place the potatoes in a baking pan and bake for 25~30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, gently pry the slices apart and brush a little more oil and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for another 25~30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve hot or warm.