Cook's Hideout: Hasselback Potatoes

December 24, 2015

Hasselback Potatoes

Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Holiday Bakes
Dish: Hasselback Potatoes
We are starting our last week of blogging marathon for this year and my theme for the week is 'Holiday Bakes'. I'm starting with a simple baked potato dish called 'Hasselback potatoes'.
Hasselback Potatoes with Paprika & Parmesan
Even though it has a fancy name it is not that difficult to make. Once you get the thinly slicing the potatoes without cutting all the way through part correct, everything else happens in the oven and is pretty much hands free from there on.

Hasselback Potatoes with Paprika & Parmesan
I saw recipes that par boiled the potatoes before baking, but that seemed to be an extra step that was not really required. I'm sure slicing becomes a little easy when the potato is cooked, but placing it on a large spoon makes that step easy too.
How to slice a potato for Hasselback potatoes

Hasselback Potatoes with Paprika & Parmesan
There are a ton of filling and stuffing ideas across the web. I brushed the potatoes with some paprika flavored butter/ oil and then topped them with some crunchy and cheesy breadcrumb mixture. Being a potato loving family, everyone enjoyed this dish. I served them with a spicy quinoa-black bean salad for a filling meal.


Hasselback Potatoes

Ingredients:
  • 4 Medium size Russet Potatoes, washed and scrubbed
  • 2tbsp Butter, melted
  • 2tbsp Oil
  • 1tsp Paprika (adjust as per taste)
  • To taste Salt
  • 3tbsp Breadcrumbs
  • 3tbsp Parmesan cheese
  • 2tbsp Parsley, chopped
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425.
  2. Cut thin slices in the potatoes making sure that they are not cut all the way down but stopping short so that it is still connected in the bottom. Placing the potato on a spoon helps you slice the potatoes without cutting all the way down.
  3. Combine melted butter, oil, paprika and oil in a small bowl. Brush the potatoes with the oil.
  4. Place the potatoes in a baking pan and bake for 25~30 minutes.
  5. Remove from the oven, gently pry the slices apart and brush a little more oil and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for another 25~30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve hot or warm.
Hasselback Potatoes with Paprika & Parmesan

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 59.
Signature

8 comments:

  1. These are on my to do list. Your version looks pretty inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww, this hasselback potatoes looks so irresistible, am just drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this for long time and yours looks super tempting..Perfectly made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make them since long.Yours are tempting me to make them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to make this once many years ago but mine did not come out great - it has been on my to do list to retry for a long time now - yours came out fantastic expecially with the cheese

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my to-do list for the longest time! I loved your version of it :) Going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! These look amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe look delicious and so easy!! I love potatoes but have never tried them like this, I'll definitely be using your recipe to add some variety to my dinner sides!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips