Cook's Hideout: Vegan Eggnog with Almond Milk

December 22, 2015

Vegan Eggnog with Almond Milk

I've heard a lot about Eggnog but never tried it myself. The thought of drinking raw egg didn't really appeal to me. Last year I made this Mango Eggnog and it was quite a hit even with the kids.
This year I was tempted to try a vegan eggnog recipe when I saw this on Food52. It  is made with soaked cashews and full fat coconut milk to make it thick and the spices give the required oomph and deliciousness. I looked for more vegan eggnog recipes and found another recipe from Tasty Yummies, this one is made with cashew milk, soaked raw cashews and coconut milk.

I made my eggnog with almond milk, soaked cashews and full fat coconut milk. The taste and texture of the drink improves as it sits in the fridge. So it is best to make it a few hours or at least day before serving. The amount of spices in the recipe is what I liked in mine, taste and adjust as per your liking. Freshly ground nutmeg gives the eggnog it's characteristic taste, so make sure to use freshly grated nutmeg.

Inspired from Simi's and Dolphia's animated GIF photos, I too wanted to try it out too. After a quick online tutorial and help from my husband here's what I was able to come up with. 
Vegan Eggnog with Almond Milk
Ingredients:
  • 1cup Almond Milk
  • ¼cup Full fat Coconut Milk
  • 2tbsp Cashews
  • 5 Dates
  • ¼tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • ¼tsp Ground Nutmeg
  • Pinch Salt
  • ½tsp Vanilla
  • To taste Maple Syrup
Method:
  1. Soak cashews and dates for at least 1 hour. Drain well.
  2. Combine all the ingredients along with the drained dates and cashews and blend until smooth.
  3. Strain if desired and serve chilled.
Signature

1 comment:

  1. The occasions are drawing closer and you're in a hurry. What will you serve for an occasion dessert? This formula joins two occasion flavors - cinnamon and eggnog - is a delightful completion of any feast. You can make the cake days ahead and solidify it. http://www.mordocrosswords.com/2016/03/eggnog-spice.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips