Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 3/ Day 1
Theme: Stuffed Dishes
Dish: Stuffed Bhindi Masala Curry
We are starting a new week of blogging marathon today and my theme for the week is 'Stuffed Dishes'. First up is a delicious stuffed bhindi/ okra in a tomato gravy recipe.
Stuffed Okra CurryIngredients:
- 12~15 Okra/ Bhindi
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 2tsp Coriander seeds
- 2~3 Dry red chilies
- 1tbsp Dry grated coconut
- 2tbsp Roasted peanuts
- 2tbsp Oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies, slit
- 1tsp Ginger+garlic paste
- 1cup Tomato Puree
- ¼tsp Turmeric
- 1tsp Red Chili powder (adjust per taste)
- To taste Salt
- Make the Spice powder: Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chilies until fragrant. Add dry grated coconut and roast until lightly browned. Cool and grind along with the roasted peanuts until a coarse powder forms.
- Prep Okra: Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add the okra/ bhindi and saute till tender, about 12~15 minutes. Remove from the pan and wait till cool enough to handle.
- Make a slit in the center of each okra making sure not to cut all the way through. Stuff with spice powder and set them aside.
- Make Tomato gravy: Heat the remaining 1tbsp oil in a pan, add onion, green chilies, ginger+garlic paste and cook till the onions are lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Next add the tomato puree, turmeric, salt and red chili powder; cover and simmer for 6~8 minutes or until oil starts to separate around the edges.
- To Serve: Take the gravy in a serving bowl, add the stuffed okra and serve.