Cook's Hideout: Eggless Fruit & Nut Cake

December 14, 2015

Eggless Fruit & Nut Cake

Bake-a-thon 2015: Day 6
Bake of the Day: Fruit & Nut Cake without Eggs
We are just 12 short days away from Christmas and I'm sure everyone is in full gear with holiday decorating, shopping and baking. We just put our Christmas tree up yesterday and the decoration is still work-in-progress. My 3 year old is very excited about Christmas and has been actively helping me in decorating the house :-)
Fruit & Nut Cake without Eggs
This fruit & nut cake reminds me of Britannia snack cake with little specks of tutti fruity in it. I have made this cake about half a dozen times already and it has been quite a hit every time I make it. Recipe is from Nisha Madhulika's site. Recipe needs just a few basic baking ingredients and a few minutes of stirring, voila you have a delicious cake in less than an hour.
I made the cake in 8" round cake pan and also in a 9"x5" loaf pan. I like the way the slices look from the loaf pan, very similar to Britannia cake. But the choice is up to you.
Fruit & Nut Cake without Eggs
I prefer the recipe made with oil because I feel the cake is more moist in the oil version. This recipe is quite versatile, skip the nuts if you are not into nutty cakes. Sub tutti fruity with chocolate chips if chocolate is your thing. In any case, this cake recipe is a keeper and I'm sure you'll love it.

Recipe adapted from here:

Eggless fruit and Nut Cake
Ingredients:Makes 1 8" round cake or 9"x5" loaf cake
  • 1½cups All purpose flour
  • 1tsp Baking powder
  • ½tsp Baking Soda
  • ¼tsp Salt
  • ⅓cup Oil (or melted butter)
  • ¾cup Sugar
  • ½cup Condensed Milk
  • 1tsp Vanilla extract
  • ¾cup Milk
  • ½cup Nuts, chopped (almonds, cashew, walnuts)
  • ¼cup Tutti Fruity
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 8" round cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil (or melted and cooled butter) and sugar, beat until the mixture turns light, about 3~4 minutes. Add condensed milk and beat again until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
  4. Add ⅓rd of the flour mixture to the oil mixture and mix until combined. Add ½ of the milk and mix well.
  5. Next add another ⅓rd of the flour mixture, mix and add the remaining milk.
  6. Finally add the remaining flour and mix well until combined.
  7. Stir in the nut & tutti fruity and mix until evenly distributed.
  8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30~35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If the cake seems to be browning too fast, then either cover the pan with aluminum foil.
Fruit & Nut Cake without Eggs
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2015.
 
An InLinkz Link-up

Signature

12 comments:

  1. These fruit cakes looks so delicious.!!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture of the cake.Looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both my kids love Brittania cakes, Pavani! They will finish a pack of cake in few seconds. Your cake looks so soft and moist. I will bookmark the recipe and try it out. Am sure my kids will love it. Also your pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cake looks so moist and rich! delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake looks so moist and soft,love the texture of the cake, perfectly made.I am going to share a different version next week..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prefect texture, wat a beautiful cake..just love to have few slices rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks perfect and all I can think of is sinking my teeth in them

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect snack cake - would love this with a glass of milk or cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cake seems to be popular. If I recall , someone also baked a fruit cake from from Nisha Madhukika's site. Cake looks great and a nice snack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, looks great pavani, love the texture of the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cake looks so stunning Pavani..my kids love Britannia cakes too..going to make this for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips