Blogging Marathon# 59: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Holiday Bakes
Dish: Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies
Hope all of you are having a good holiday weekend. Mine turned out to be busier than expected and I couldn't find time to type the posts that I planned for the weekend. These chocolate cookies were supposed to be posted yesterday but with my poor time management they are a day late :-(
World Peace CookiesIngredients:
- 1½cups All purpose flour
- ⅓cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ½tsp Baking Soda
- 11tbsp or 1stick+3tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- ⅔cup Light brown sugar, packed
- ¼cup Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- ½tsp Fine sea salt or Fleur de sel
- ¾cup Mini chocolate chip cookies
- Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Beat butter with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat for 2 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until everything comes together. Try not to over beat the dough. Finally add the chocolate chips and mix to incorporate.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Form a log of 1½" thick, wrap it well in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 3 days. They can also be frozen to bake off later.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into ½" thick slices and place them 1" apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will not be firm or hard. Cool them on a wire rack before serving.