Cook's Hideout: Egg Salad Sandwich

April 15, 2009

Egg Salad Sandwich

Growing up my mom never cooked eggs at home, but she would let us eat them in our neighbor’s houses. We would be invited over whenever they made the “special” meals. Both my sister and I used to love the egg bhurji & omelet that our lovely house owner (we call her Attamma) used to make. She would make it for us even now whenever we visit them.
That’s how my love for eggs started and that’s probably one of my weaknesses for not becoming a vegan (cheese comes in a close second). This egg salad is very simple to make and is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner (BLD).


Ingredients (makes 2 sandwiches):
Eggs – 3, boiled, cooled and chopped
Onion – 3 tbsp, finely chopped (½ a small onion)
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp (I used Smart Balance light mayo)
Tomato - 2 thin slices
Hot sauce – 1tsp
Salt & Pepper – to taste

Method:
  • Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings.
  • Toast 2 slices sandwich bread (I used German dark wheat); On one slice; put half the egg salad, 1 slice of cheese (I used Havarti cheese) and a slice of tomato; cover with other slice and enjoy with veggie chips.
This is my entry to Sudeshna @ Bengali Cuisine’s Event for Eggs. Sudeshna is celebrating her 1st blog anniversary and Easter by having all of us cook with eggs.
Signature

11 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm even i love egg,but try to avoid it.Sandwich looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking sandw. Would be great lunch or in picnic basket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. egg, mayo and cheese..perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I could see is those nice fluffy perfectly cooked eggs.... For some reason I love those German breads, those I get here are small and heavy... Goody good sandwich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My absolute fav sandwich with egg salad. Dark bread looks delicious with it, what a contrast!

    Replied your q about "Doubt", I am still doubting like that nun too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pavani,
    yummy looking egg sandwich there..Me too share the same story as u my Amma never made eggs or non-veg at home, v had a mallu family neighbour...who almost had adopted me...lol it's there I had non-v and eggs..from then on I'm a non-v and eggitarian :)
    Nice snaps.
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love egg salads. This loks great in the sandwich..

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks wonderful Pavani. I haven't come across German dark wheat bread and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow droolworthy recipe....Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...fibre rich bread and this egg-salad....sound both healthy and tasteeee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This used to be my staple lunch in bombay. Love the egg salald. but now add cut up green chilies with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips