Bake-a-thon 2015: Day 3
Bake of the Day: Toasted Millet & Oats Granola
Today I have a simple and easy to make granola recipe with millet, rolled oats, coconut and pistachios. Recipe is from Everyday Food by Martha Stewart. This recipe has been on my to-make list for a while now and I'm glad I can finally strike it off from the list.
It is a great edible gift for the holidays too. Swap out the honey in the recipe with maple syrup and you have a delicious granola even vegans can enjoy.
- ½cup Whole Millet
- 2cups Rolled Oats
- ¾cup Shelled Pistachios
- ½cup Unsweetened Coconut flakes
- ½cup Honey
- ⅓cup Boiling Water
- 1tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1tsp Fine sea salt
- ⅔cup Dried Cranberries
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over millet, cover and set aside for 30 minutes. Drain the millet and keep ready.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the drained millet, oats, pistachios and coconut flakes.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, oil and salt to a boil. Pour over the millet mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and bake stirring once, until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, stir in cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.