Cook's Hideout: Doon Chetin (Apple Chutney)

September 09, 2015

Doon Chetin (Apple Chutney)

I saw the recipe for this Apple chutney called Doon Chetin on Vaishali's Kashmiri thali and wanted to try it. This chutney is spicy and sweet and tasted yummy when scooped onto the rotis. It takes just a few minutes to make this chutney, so give it a try if you are a lover of spicy, sweet food. This is part of my Kashmiri Thali.
Doon Chetin

Recipe from here:
Ingredients:
Apples - 2, peeled and chopped
Sugar - 3tbsp
Ginger - ½" piece, grated
Black Salt - ¼tsp
Red Chili powder - ½tsp
Raisins - 6~8
Vinegar - ¼tsp

Method:
  • Heat a small skillet and add the apples and sugar. Cook on medium flame until the water evaporates. 
  • Add salt, black salt and ginger. Cook for 4~5 minutes.
  • Next add vinegar, raisins and chili powder. Cook for a minute. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Doon Chetin


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56.

Signature

9 comments:

  1. I remember this chutney from Vaishali's blog. I think I would prefer eating the chutney as it is, sweet and spicy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loads of apple. Will give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb one Pavani, your presentation makes it even more sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New recipe to me.. Looks yummy.. Bookmarked it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookmarking. Looks great sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love to finish that bowl... super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my kind of chutney I've got some apples to use up this is great

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips