Cook's Hideout: Green Quinoa Salad with Peas and Avocado

September 11, 2015

Green Quinoa Salad with Peas and Avocado

After a week of Indian dishes, here's a healthy Quinoa salad with peas, avocado and lots of herbs. I like to make this kind of simple dishes when I'm cooking for myself -- everything goes into 1 bowl, mix and eat -- that's it, no fuss, no mess.
Quinoa Salad with herbs
This recipe is from Vegetarian Times magazine and I made it as soon as I saw the recipe. It is definitely going to be in rotation in my home going forward.
Quinoa Salad with Peas and Herbs
Ingredients: Serves 4
Quinoa - 1cup, rinsed and drained
Peas - 1cup (fresh or thawed frozen)
Avocado - 1, finely diced
Green Onions - 4, thinly sliced
Fresh Parsley - ½cup, chopped 
Cilantro - ¼cup, chopped  
Olive oil - 3tbsp
Lime juice - 1tbsp+1tsp
Lime zest - 1tsp
Garlic - 2cloves, finely minced
Maple syrup - 2tsp
Ground Coriander - 1tsp
Salt & Pepper - to taste

Method:
  • Bring quinoa and 1¾cups of water to boil. Lower the flame and cook quinoa until tender and small 'tails' appear. Let cool.
  • Whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, garlic and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Stir in the cooked quinoa, peas, avocado, green onions, parsley and cilantro. Serve in lettuce cups or as is.

Quinoa Salad with Herbs



Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook ChallengeSeptember -- Week 2'.






Signature

3 comments:

  1. Green peas and avocado looks so refreshing. Nice meal to fix when your alone. For some reason I still have not acquired the taste of quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so healthy and inviting!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad looks vibrant and invigorating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips