Cook's Hideout: Tabbouleh, Hummus and Pita Platter

September 04, 2015

Tabbouleh, Hummus and Pita Platter

Buffet on Table: Week 1 -- Combos from Countries
Day 4: Middle East -- Tabbouleh, Hummus & Pita Platter
Our next stop for an amazing International Combo meal is in the Middle East. This Tabbouleh, Hummus, pita and falafel platter has been something I have planned to make for a very long time. Finally I made them all for the Mega marathon :-)
Lebanese Tabbouleh with Herbs & Pistachio
Tabbouleh is a traditional Middle Eastern dish. There are many versions for this bulgur wheat salad. This recipe is from Vegetarian Times magazine and I'm assuming it is from Lebanon since it is more about the herbs and less about the bulgur grain itself.
I used herbs from my garden to make this dish and it tasted so fresh and delicious. The salad gets better as it sits, so it is better to make it a day ahead and serve with hummus, falafel and pita bread for a very filling meal.
Lebanese Tabbouleh with Herbs & Pistachio
Ingredients:
Fine Bulgur - ¼cup
Cucumber - 1 small, finely chopped
Tomato - 1 medium, finely chopped
Green Onions - 4, finely chopped
Mint - ⅓cup, finely chopped
Parsley - 1cup, finely chopped
Lemon juice - 3tbsp
Honey - ½tsp
Pistachios - ½cup, finely chopped
Salt & Pepper - to taste

Method:
  • Place bulgur in a large bowl and add ⅓cup of boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
  • Stir in lemon juice and honey and let stand for 5 more minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
  • Fluff bulgur with fork and stir in remaining ingredients. Serve with pita bread, hummus and falafel.
Lebanese Tabbouleh with Herbs & Pistachio


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56.



Signature

16 comments:

  1. Very tempting combo ,everything looks so delicious.Love your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. invite me over this is fabulous spread

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious platter and even I made Lebanon for day 4. I like the color of your background board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant ask more your tabbouleh ,hummus and pita platter is just inviting me to finish them rite now.. Especially the tabbouleh sounds very flavourful..Needless to say that your cast iron skillet Pita breads rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the flavor of this labnese recipe. awesome combo

    Check my recipes @ www.simplytadka.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. my fav combo!!!! love the clicks as usual!! so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful clicks and an awesome combo !..even though I am not a great fan of this salad, I do not mind if I am being served by experts :).looks gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Pavani, the entire setup looks so sinful!..I am yet to make tabbouleh, though have bookmarked ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..Such a nice spread of dishes Pavani and you pictures are absolutely beautiful esp 2 one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual beautiful snaps. This salad looks so colourful with all the fresh herbs..

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG.. the hummus looks so awesome. entire spread is simply superb

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great setup Pavani. We love this combo except that the tabbouleh is only for me :) and the rest is for the kids and the husband.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tabbouleh looks delicious, nice combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow whata great setup. I love it all. Wish I could just pull it off the screen and serve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that salad bowl close up shot. I too have been planning to make this meal from so long but somehow cooking an elaborate Indian meal seems easier sometimes than cooking a simple dish from another country. I may be crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips