Cook's Hideout: Potato Curry

September 01, 2015

Potato Curry

We are a potato loving family. They are happy if I make anything with potato, which is great because I add it to dishes that they normally wouldn't eat and the potato in it lures them to eat it. For example, which kid really likes wheat rava upma (godhuma rawa upma)? At least I didn't while growing up, but my kids eat it without fuss when I add potatoes to it -- happy mama :-)
Aloo Kura
Today's potato curry is super simple and my kids absolutely love it. It tastes great as is, but tastes even better with mor kuzhambu. Give this combo a try, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Potato Curry:
Ingredients:
Potato - 2 medium, boiled and cubed
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Cumin seeds - 1sp
Chana dal - 1tsp
Urad dal - 1tsp
Dry red chili - 2
Red chili powder - ½tsp
Curry leaves - 8~10
Salt - to taste

Method:
  • Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan, add chana, urad dal, dry red chili, mustard and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to splutter, add curry leaves and cook for 30 seconds.
  • Next add the potato and cook till the potatoes start to get crispy and crusty, stirring occasionally to cook evenly. 
  • Stir in red chili powder and salt. Mix well and serve hot with rice.
Majjiga Pulus & Aloo kura


Signature

11 comments:

  1. yummy and delicious potatoes!!! looks so beautiful and I love the way you have presented it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure these potatoes will be gobbled up very quickly..what a brilliant idea to make and enjoy yourself..I must do that too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this ones deliciously easy and wonderful for my potato loving kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and comforting curry. Even I did not like godhuma upma while growing up.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple yet delicious potato curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. blissful pavani..and the way you have clicked it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are killing me with your snaps Pavani. This curry looks amazing and I am sure kids would love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Potatoes do make a meal better! You have served such a hearty meal Pavani...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classic combo and love your clicks and the serveware.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love potatoes, hubby does too but refuses to admit :) seriously this is one root which tempts me and even I can eat it in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We cannot live without potatoes! ! My kiddos too love it crazy. Curry looks delicious! !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips