Cook's Hideout: Walnut Chutney

May 20, 2013

Walnut Chutney

Recipe Courtesy: My Dear friend Himabindu
Here's a delicious no-cook recipe from my friend Himabindu. Bindu and I went to school together years and years ago and I think it's been that long that we've seen each other. But thanks to Facebook, we are only a 'message' away from long lost friends.
Bindu lives in India and has adorable twin boys who keep her busy. She sent this simple no-cooking involved Walnut Chutney that sounded so good that I had to make it right away. It takes so little time to make and needs everyday pantry ingredients -- so there's no reason not to make it right away. The resulting chutney was soooo good, creamy, nutty with the walnuts and spicy with the chilies and garlic. I had it for lunch with rice, but Bindu says it goes well with rotis too.
Here's what Bindu wrote about the dish:
Here is a recipe that I really enjoy making coz, one, my kids like it; two, easy to make and no cooking required, three, very nutritious. It is called Walnut Chutney.A typical Kashmiri dish!!! 

Ingredients:
Walnuts - ½cup, soak them for about 10- 15 mins before u start the process
Yogurt/ curd -3 tbspn
Garlic - 2-3 cloves
Green chilies - 4-5 (adjust as per taste)
Onions - 1 medium/ 2 small
Salt - as per taste

Method:
  • Put all the ingredients in the mixer jar and make a thick paste while adding a little water to it !!!!
You could have it with chapathis or even rice!!! It tastes good with both!!!
This goes to Valli's Kid's Delight event: 5 ingredient fix that I'm hosting for this month. I apologize for the delay in posting the round up. I'm in the process of doing it and should have it ready in couple of days. In the meantime, don't forget to send in your entries for Kid's Delight-Sweet Treats event going on right now at Sowmya's place.

Signature

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delightful! And hurray for FB - I've been back in touch with so many people that I otherwise wouldn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting recipe.. looks yummy.. love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chutney looks very delicious and simple to make , will go well with many dishes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does sound very interesting..love to try it ..See this is what frnds are for ,sharing..I love facebook for this reason too as i can see all my near and dear ones there everyday , feels like growing together..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, seriously walnut chutney looks soo creamy and very nutty,thanks to ur friend for sharing this no cook chutney.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips