Cook's Hideout: Banana Nutella Nut Milkshake

May 13, 2013

Banana Nutella Nut Milkshake

I wrote about my son's love for chocolate a lot of times. His mom is obsessed with everything related to cooking and eating and he is obsessed with everything chocolate. The other day when he had to pick between vanilla and strawberry ice creams, he told me very seriously that he doesn't like vanilla. I couldn't help myself from laughing out loud because I wasn't sure if he knew why he didn't like vanilla. My guess is he thinks he shouldn't like vanilla because he loves chocolate :-)
Well anyway, chocolate actually makes him eat bananas, because he eats bananas drizzled with chocolate syrup. Not the best way to eat a fruit, but I'm happy he's at least trying it. I believe in baby steps and I'm sure one day he'll get better at trying and tasting different foods.
Milkshakes are his next favorite and that's where I try to sneak in different fruits (mango, strawberry, banana, blueberries being our favorite). Today I added some nutella and nuts for some added taste and richness. I soaked almonds & cashews in milk for a few hours, so they blend well. You can skip that step if you have a powerful blender. Using frozen banana makes a very thick and slushy milkshake. So here's another recipe formula:
Ingredients: Serves 2
Milk - 1 cup (I generally use soy milk, but any dairy or non-dairy milk will work)
Fruits - 1 cup, chopped (1 frozen banana/ 8-10 strawberries/ 1 medium mango/ 1 cup berries etc -- pick 1 or more)
Nuts - ¼cup (cashews, almonds, walnuts, pistachios etc - I added 2tbsp each of cashews and almonds)
Nutella - 2tbsp (optional)
Sweetener of choice - as needed (optional) -- I add agave if the fruits are not sweet enough. Sugar, honey, maple syrup can also be used

Method:

  • This is an optional step: Soak the nuts in some milk for a few hours so they are easy to grind to a smooth paste. 
  • Blend all the ingredients until very smooth and serve cold. 






This is my entry to Valli's Kid's Delight: 5 Ingredient fix event being held right here. You have 2 more days to send in your entries.




Signature

5 comments:

  1. oh.. i would love to start my day with this yumm shake..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum. I wish I could try this on my girls. Wish because I turn around and the bottle is empty. :)
    I am guest hosting Healthy Salads till the 31st May ‘2013. Do send me your entries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Io love this drink..i too make sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I will say yes to his statement too..:)..most times even I won't like to have Vanilla, when we can have chocolate why vanilla right..lovely pic and I find that name struck on the glass even more cuter!..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips