Cook's Hideout: Buttery Garlic Pull apart Bread for #BreadBakers

April 12, 2016

Buttery Garlic Pull apart Bread for #BreadBakers

It's time for another edition of Bread Bakers and this month's host is lovely Karen from Karen's Kitchen Stories. She chose 'Garlic' to be the theme in celebration of National Garlic day, that is celebrated on the 19th April.
Pull apart Bread with Garlic Butter
Pull apart bread has been on my to-make list for quite sometime and when I saw this buttery herb bread on King Arthur flour, I knew I had to bake it for this month's Bread Bakers. I wasn't disappointed with my choice.
Pull apart Bread with Garlic Butter
I ate half of the loaf while still warm in the name of quality testing right after I took pictures. The rest was gobbled up by the family in no time. I wish I made the full recipe which makes 2 8½"x4½" loaves. So if you are a fan of warm buttery soft bread, then double the recipe to make 2 loaves.
Pull apart Bread with Garlic Butter
Pull apart breads were so soft, flaky and buttery. Change up the flavorings of butter and you have a completely different pull apart bread. You can use any herbed butter or butter with grated cheese or even butter mixed with some dried fruit or sweet spices (cinnamon etc.).
Pull apart effect of the bread can be achieved in a few different ways: you can roll out the dough into a 12" square that is ½" thick. Then spread the herbed butter, then cut the square into 12 squares. Stack the squares in the pan, let rise and bake as directed in the recipe. I used another easy and less messy method, as shown in the collage. Read the recipe for more details.
Pull apart Bread with Garlic Butter

Buttery Garlic Pull apart Bread (makes 1 8½"x4½" loaf)
Ingredients:
  • ½cup Warm milk
  • 2tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
  • 1tbsp Sugar
  • 1tsp Salt
  • 1 Egg (or 1tbsp egg replacer powder whisked with 3tbsp water)
  • 1tsp Instant Yeast
  • 1cup All purpose flour
  • 1¼cups Wholewheat flour
  • 1tbsp Potato flour
  • For the Garlic-herb Butter:
  • 2~3 Garlic cloves, finely minced
  • ¼cup Unsalted butter, softened
  • ¼tsp Dried Basil
  • ⅛tsp Dried Oregano
  • ¼tsp Salt
  • ⅛tsp Cayenne pepper
Method:
  1. Make the dough: In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, pour the warm milk over butter to melt it. Add the sugar, salt and let it cool slightly. Then add egg (egg replacer mixture), potato flour, yeast and the flour(s).
  2. Mix and knead to form a soft and pliable dough. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
  3. Make the Garlic spread: Combine all the ingredients for the garlic spread, keep ready.
  4. Gently deflate the dough and roll the dough ½" thick. Using a 3½"~4" round cutter, cut out circles from the dough.
  5. Butter half of each circle and place in a greased 8½"x4½" loaf pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise for 30~40 minutes.
  6. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the bread for 25~30 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool before serving.
Pull apart Bread with Garlic Butter
Check out what my fellow Bread Bakers have baked up today:
BreadBakers
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.
Signature

20 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful choice Pavani. I love the dramatic lighting in the pictures and of course the hero, the lovely looking bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pavani! This bread looks just as gorgeous as I imagined it would be!! So soft and melt in the mouth sorts! I'm going to try this one for sure! Great pics as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one beautiful loaf of bread, and your photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "quality testing." Sounds like the perfect tactic! I also love that you used round cutters. Your loaf is so perfect! Sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be pulling big hunks off that loaf and they would be all mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect bread and I loved the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow pavani , you taught new technique to make pull apart bread.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pavani, garlic bread looks stunning. Going to try this soon. one doubt. did you miss butter under garlic-herb butter? how much butter? I don't want to go overboard with the butter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayanthi, thank you for pointing that out. My butter quantities for the bread and the filling got switched by mistake. I corrected the recipe now. Let me know how the bread turned out, if you try.

      Delete
    2. Pavani I skipped BB this month! Those pictures literally dragged me here, wish I could grab a slice from the picture! !😢😢😢😢😢

      Delete
  9. Oh how beautiful! The light in your photo is lovely and this bread looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pavani that's a beautiful way to do do a pull apart bread. It's on my to do list. Love the way you have done it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're making me hungry! Interesting looking recipe- definitely different from others I've come across and I'm curious to try this one. Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your way of making this buy cutting circular pieces of dough out seems like a great way to make pull apart bread, it looks absolutely delicious. I can see why you ate a lot of it. Laura@ Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pavani it is midnight here and I just visited your recipe. Oh my! How I wish I could magically make this loaf appear right before me now. Melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I wonder if I would have had the whole loaf in the name of 'quality testing'. I certainly will try your recipe with the full 2 loaves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course there's a National Garlic Day. I'm surprised I didn't know this before, as my family is all about the garlic!

    This looks fantastic. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pinned for later...my mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete
  16. Craving for a slice of this pull part bread, delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post for the pictures Pavani ! You have nailed this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips