Here's an easy peasy recipe to make Granola. I say easy because it requires a very few pantry ingredients that are mixed together and then baked off until golden. Recipe is from a cookbook that I recently bought, Clean Slate.
Granola is great to sprinkle on yogurt for breakfast or eat it as a quick snack any time of the day. It's simple with just few ingredients and tastes great.
- 3cups Rolled Oats (can also use 1 cup each of rolled barley flakes or rolled spelt flakes along with 1cup rolled oats)
- 1cup Sliced Almonds
- 2tbsp Coconut Sugar (or light brown sugar)
- ½tsp Coarse Salt
- ⅓cup Maple Syrup
- ⅓cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Transfer onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, about 28~30 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Transfer into an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge: April -- Week 3'.