Blogging Marathon# 61: Week 2/ Day 3
Theme: Meal Ideas
Dish: Greek style Rice with Dill
For the last day of this week's marathon, I have a simple meal with Greek style Lemon rice with dill. This is a popular side dish served in many Mediterranean restaurants and is very similar to our very own Indian Lemon rice except for the addition of dill. This recipe is from Vegan Eats World cookbook by Terry Hope Romero.
oats, barley and quinoa. So today's recipe is on the same lines but with dried oregano and fresh dill that add delicious Greek flavor to the dish.
Greek Lemony Dill RiceIngredients:
- 1cup Long grain White Rice
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1¼~1½cups Vegetable broth or Water
- ¼cup Lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- ½tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼cup Fresh dill, finely chopped
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed medium saucepan, saute onion and carrot until the onion turns translucent, about 4~5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the rice and fry for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the veggie broth or water, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat, stir the rice and cover tightly and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat and add dill, fluff the rice with a fork and completely stir in the dill. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!