Cook's Hideout: Nutella Bear Claws (made with Puff Pastry)

February 26, 2016

Nutella Bear Claws (made with Puff Pastry)

I saw the recipe for these Bear claws in Food Network magazine and they looked so tempting that I made them yesterday. The original recipe used Cookie butter (or Speculoos), but I used Nutella because my kids like it.
Bear Claws
It's Oscar weekend and these bear claws reminded me of Leanardo Di Caprio's Revenant and the bear attack scene. If you are having an Oscar's party, then these bear claws are perfect addition for the party.
You can even savory bear claws by substituting nutella with grated pepperjack cheese and sprinkle them with salt instead of sugar before baking.
Bear Claws

Nutella Bear Claws
Ingredients:
  • 1sheet Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
  • 2~3tbsp Nutella or similar hazelnut chocolate sauce
  • 2tsp Turbinado Sugar
  • 1 Egg, whisked (optional) or use 1tbsp soy or almond milk
  • 2~3tbsp Slivered Almonds
Method:
  1. Roll out the thawed puff pastry into 12" square on a floured surface. Cut into three 4" wide strips.
  2. Spread the strips with Nutella. Brush the edges with beaten egg or water and fold in half lengthwise; press to seal.
  3. Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces.
  4. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; cut three slits along the sealed edges of each. Brush with beaten egg (or soy/ almond milk), then press slivered almonds into the pastry for claws.
  5. Freeze for 10 minutes.
  6. Preheat the oven to 400F.
  7. Sprinkle the claws with turbinado sugar and bake for 23~25 minutes or until golden.
Bear Claws



Also linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook ChallengeFebruary -- Week 4'.




Signature

4 comments:

  1. I showed this to my teen and she wanted it right away. I don't blame her.....looks so good ! This might be our weekend baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simi, they are super simple to make, I'm sure your teen can easily handle this one all by herself (after all the elaborate bakes she's made). Hope you guys try it.

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks simpler than I expected from the pic. Very thoughtful to have an idea from one of the nominated movies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is as tempting as I expected Pavani..so delicious..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips