This is another dish that my friend suggested. I don't remember eating this before, but she said it is a good dish that even my kids might like. She wasn't wrong, even my picky son loved these fritters. Original recipe uses eggs to make the fritters, but I used egg replacer powder instead. The firtters turned out great even without the eggs, they turned out crispy and delicious.
Zucchini - 2 medium, grated
Egg Replacer - 1tbsp whisked in 3tbsp water (or 1 large egg)
Parsley - ¼cup, finely chopped
Mint - 3tbsp, finely chopped
Dill - ¼cup, finely chopped
Green Onions - 2~3, finely chopped
Mozzarella cheese or Feta cheese - ¼cup
Paprika - 1tsp
Salt & Pepper - to taste
Flour - ~1cup
- Put the grated zucchini in a colander and add some salt to it. Let it drain for 10~15 minutes. Then squeeze out all the extra moisture and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the flour and mix well.
- Finally add the flour slowly stirring it into the zucchini mixture.
- Heat 3tbsp oil in a saute pan. Add ¼cup of batter into the oil and flatten it lightly with the back of a spoon. Cook on medium low flame until the fritters are golden brown on both sides, about 3~4 minutes per side.
- Remove onto paper towel lined plate and serve hot.