Cook's Hideout: Paneer Lababdar

February 26, 2014

Paneer Lababdar

Blogging Marathon# 37: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Member's Choice
Dish: Paneer Lababdar
For the final day of this month's blogging marathon, I decided to try 'Paneer Lababdar' - a dish suggested by one of the BM members. This is the first time I heard about this paneer curry and the name itself sounded very interesting that I had to try this dish.
Paneer Lababdar
Our BM members came up with an awesome list of dishes to choose from,some of them were actually on my to-make list too. But I wanted to keep this week simple because I got busy prepping for the upcoming mega month long marathon. Also a new paneer recipe is always welcome in my kitchen.

This curry is creamy, slightly spicy and perfect side dish for rice or rotis. Addition of corn starch and milk makes the gravy thick and creamy.
Paneer Lababdar
Recipe from Tarla Dalal's site:
Ingredients:
Paneer - 1cup, cubed
Onion - 1 medium, chopped
Ginger+garlic paste - 1tsp
Coriander seeds - 1tsp
Cumin seeds - ½tsp
Kasoori methi - ½tsp
Dry red chilies - 3
Tomatoes - 2 medium, chopped
Corn Starch - ¼tsp
Milk - ½cup
Garam masala - ½tsp
Cilantro - 2tbsp, finely chopped
Salt - to taste

Method:
  • Heat 1tbsp oil in a saute pan; add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, kasoori methi, onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook until onions are translucent and lightly browned around the edges.
  • Add tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy. Cool the mixture and grind to a smooth paste.
  • In a small bowl, whisk corn starch in milk.
  • Return the mixture to the panand stir in the corn starch mixture; simmer for 3~4 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
  • Add garam masala, salt and the paneer, mix well and cook until heated through.
  • Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
Paneer Lababdar
I served the curry with kulchas and rice for a filling and delicious meal.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 38.
Signature

8 comments:

  1. the dish is looking very rich and tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to make this for the 4th week, but I had to skip the week! Looks really good...will try it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I saw this recipe also, but when I saw the cream version instead of cornstarch I preferred that one. Your version I am sure was just as delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome preparation, Pavani. We loved this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is awesomely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so inviting Pavani, very nice and creamy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips