Eggs - 4
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Tomato - 1, finely chopped
Potato - 1, boiled and cubed
Peas - 1/2 cup
Green chilies - 4
Garlic - 1 clove
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Monterey Jack cheese - 4tbsp
Fresh cilantro - 1 tbsp chopped
Salt - to taste
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a heavy-bottom skillet. Add the garlic and onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, potato, peas, chile, cumin & coriander powders and chopped fresh cilantro and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened and the mixture is well blended. Season to taste with salt and chili powder.
- Beat eggs lightly. I usually add 1 tbsp of water and a dash of hot sauce to the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the veggie micture, cover, and cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the underside is golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese over the omelet and cook briefly under the preheated broiler until the cheese has melted and the top of the omelet is set.
- Slide out of the skillet, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
This is my entry to Nandita's Weekend Breakfast blogging #2.