Besan (Chickpea flour) - 1 cup
Spinach - 1/2 cup chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup thinly sliced
Green Chilies - 3-4
Red Chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- If you are using frozen, thaw spinach and squeeze out the water completely. If using fresh, finely chop the spinach.
- Add all the ingredients to the flour, add water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil, about 1" high in a frying pan, add batter with a tablespoon (to make same size fritters) and fry till golden brown on medium heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper-towel lined plate.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.