Cook's Hideout: Food Network recipes

July 12, 2006

Food Network recipes

I like to watch Rachel Ray ("30 minute meals" on Food TV) cook her meals in 30minutes. But I always wonder if they really shoot the whole episode in exactly 30minutes. So I tried to time her recipe and see if it really works for me. I completed the entire dish in about 45minutes (I guess I can blame my electric stove for the extra 15mins, but I had my sister helping me with the cutting and cleaning. So it would probably be around an one hour just by myself.)
So for yesterday's dinner I made Pizzagna (Ray's idea of combining Supreme pizza toppings with lasagna). It turned out pretty good.
The changes that I made is use whole wheat penne instead of curly pasta and lots of basil instead of parsley. Also I used fat-free ricotta cheese (next time I would use low-fat ricotta instead. Fat-free ricotta has an after taste) and part-skim mozzarella for health reasons.

From one food network recipe to another. I made Giada De Laurentiis's (Everyday Italian) Chocolate-Strawberry panini. These take like no time at all. They were so decadent and so filling, and so quick & easy to make. Giada used a panini grill to make these paninis. I used a stove-top grill with foil covered brick (about $1 in Home Depot), works just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips