Blogging Marathon#64: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Mega BM Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Pineapple Fried Rice from Mireille
For Day 2 of bookmarked dishes I have a sweet, sour and spicy Thai Pineapple fried rice from Mir's blog. I have seen pineapple fried rice recipes on any food blogs but I wasn't sure how the sweetness of the pineapple would taste in a savory rice dish. So never tried to make it at home before.
Recipe from Mir's The Schizo Chef:
Thai Pineapple Fried RiceIngredients:
- 3cups Cooked Rice
- 1½tbsp Curry powder (I used S&B brand curry powder)
- 1tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2tbsp Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 2cups Mixed Vegetables of choice, chopped
- 1cup Tofu, drained and cubed
- 3tbsp Raisins
- 1cup Pineapple cubes
- 1~2tbsp Soy sauce
- 3tbsp Cashews
- 2tbsp Scallions, chopped
- 1 Red Chili, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1" Ginger, finely grated
- Add butter and 1tbsp curry powder to the rice. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 1tbsp oil and saute tofu until golden brown on all sides. Remove onto a plate.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 1tbsp oil and add onions, ginger and garlic. Cook until the onions turn translucent. Add raisins, pineapple, mixed veegatbles and remaining 1tbsp curry powder. Cook for 3~4 minutes until the veggies are crisp tender.
- Add the rice, sauteed tofu and the soy sauce and mix well to coat the grains.
- Add the cashews and scallions and toss for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the chili and cilantro. Stir fry for 1 more minute. Serve warm!!