Cook's Hideout: 3 Day Detox Diet -- Detox Smoothie Recipe

May 03, 2016

3 Day Detox Diet -- Detox Smoothie Recipe

Blogging Marathon# 64: Week 1/ Day 1
Theme: Detox Diet
Dish: Detox Smoothie with Strawberries & Grapefruit
After a month blogging nonstop, we are back in the regular 3 days a week blogging schedule this month. I picked up an interesting theme to start the month off. After indulging on delicious Indian food for the mega marathon, I thought detoxing would be just perfect to reset my system.
I bought 'Clean Slate' cookbook couple of weeks before Valli announced this month's themes. Even though at the time, I didn't really had a chance to read about the detox diet, I went ahead and signed up for this theme. It wasn't until I was done cooking for the mega marathon that I started thinking on how to go about this whole 'detox' business.
Clean Slate has 2 detox programs -- 3 days and 21 days. My husband was also interested in the detox and since it is our very first of its kind, we did the 3 days program.

What is Detox: Detox diets are becoming quite popular these days. They are said to remove toxins from the body. It could be a juice detox or a fasting detox or just clean eating (which is what we did).

Clean Slate 3 day diet: This 72 hour diet gives a jump start to work towards a healthier body. This diet is loaded with fibrous fruits and vegetables that help remove toxins, which are eliminated by binding to fiber.  The nutrients found in colorful plant foods drive the process of liver detoxification. It also gives the digestive system a rest from processed foods and common allergens (like dairy, gluten etc).
All 3 days have the same menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner -- which means you cook a big batch of all dishes once before the cleanse and then you are good to go. The three days of clean eating is just long enough to boost the body needs to support digestion and detoxification and to eliminate unwanted cravings (this was important for us).
I have the recipe for the breakfast today. Recipe makes 3 servings, so make the full batch and keep refrigerated to drink during the cleanse.
This is a antioxidant packed smoothie with strawberries, grapefruit and ginger. I've never liked grapefruit, but the cleanse made me give it another try and now I can tolerate it (I still can't say I love it, sorry grapefruit). You can have this smoothie even if you are not cleansing, try it if you are feeling sluggish or want to prevent the feeling of feeling sluggish.


Detox Smoothie with Strawberry & Grapefruit
Ingredients:
  • 2cups Hulled Strawberries
  • 1 Grapefruit, peeled, seeded and chopped
  • 1 Medium Sweet Apple, chopped
  • 1" Ginger piece, grated
  • 1cup Water
Method:
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Come back tomorrow for the Lunch recipe.
 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 64.
Signature

16 comments:

  1. I was so looking forward to check out these dishes that you signed up for..I knew it will be stunning..very nicely done and informative too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour looks so good and what a way to start the day. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting detox smoothie, and love all the fruits went in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried a detox drink once but never tried it again. This smoothie sounds good, but no idea about how grape fruit would taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't find any detox ingredients in this, Just kidding . It looks too delicious to be a detox drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going on a detox diet is not easy , there has to be one ingredient which might not be very pleasing. This smoothie loks great , beautiful color too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juice looks stunning ., your pics always looks great.Even I heard about detox diet but never tried. Good to know more info about detox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If detoxification is so delicious... Would love to do it😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I knew I could detox so deliciously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Detox smoothie looks too good.Lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Pavani. I am also not a great fan of grape fruit, but I guess this smoothie might make it a little more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't used to like grapefruit either but now I've grown to like especially juice although sweetened

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colour and some very useful info on detox! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this click.Looks very nice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Detox diets are used to help the body remove toxins and poisons that it has accumulated. The body faces toxins everyday in pollution, cigarette smoke, food additives, alcohol, caffeine, etc. The motivation behind 3 day detox diets is to promote better health and vitality. Know more here about 3 days military diet http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/diet-plan/military-diet-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips