Cook's Hideout: 3 Day Detox Diet -- Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula

May 04, 2016

3 Day Detox Diet -- Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula

Blogging Marathon# 64: Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: Detox Diet
Dish: Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula Salad
I have to admit I was a little skeptical to start a detox diet. I've never done a detox or a diet in my life and the thought of not eating what I want to eat for 3 days was a little disturbing. But I just wanted to do something for myself -- something for getting healthier.
Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula
It took me about 1 week to clean up the fridge and pantry of the mega marathon leftovers and then another week the body for the cleanse. It is best to go easy on coffee, dairy and gluten about a week before you start the actual detox diet. Alcohol and cigarettes are a big no-no a week before and during the cleanse.

Today I have the recipe for Lunch salad for the 3-day detox. Like I said yesterday, the menu is the same for the 3 days. This recipe makes 3 servings -- make the beet slaw and store in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to eat, top it with 1 cup of arugula, ½ chopped avocado, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice and olive oil.
Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula
I was expecting to starve during this detox, but the serving sizes are pretty filling and the fiber in the veggies keep you full for a long time. I didn't feel hungry for at least 3~4 hours after my lunch. This is also a great salad to serve any time -- it's colorful and very delicious. My beet-phobic husband thought he likes raw grated beets better than cooked ones. So I think I have a convert there. All in all this was a delicious salad that I really enjoyed during the cleanse.
Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula


Detox Salad with Beets, Avocado & Arugula
Ingredients:
  • 2 Medium Beets, peeled and grated
  • 1 English Cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 4 Celery sticks, thinly sliced
  • 2 Scallion, thinly sliced
  • 3cups Baby Arugula
  • Avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
  • 6tbsp Extra virgin Olive oil
  • 6tbsp Lemon juice
  • 3tbsp Pumpkin seeds
  • To taste Salt & Pepper
Method:
  1. Make the Beet Slaw: Combine the grated beets, cucumber, celery and green onions.
  2. To make the salad: For each serving, toss 2cups of beet slaw along with 1cup of arugula, 1tbsp pumpkin seeds, 2tbsp each of olive oil and lemon juice. Top with the chopped avocado and serve right away.

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 64.
Signature

12 comments:

  1. Beetroot is delicious , but all dont like it . I love all the ingredients going in there , they will make the salad awesome . A suoer one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The salad looks so good. But I don't know whether I will survive on salads and smoothies for three days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree this salad would be great anytime. Love all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thats an excellent detox salad, i can have it happily without any fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really so inspiring that you are doing the diet itself...and that salad looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salad looks interesting... Never tasted argula and avocado as these are not available here.. Healthy and must be tasty

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salad looks so colorful and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an excellent salad. looks very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salads are something I can survive on. So this one definitely gets made at my place and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This salad looks interesting and healthy.Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super salad there. I have not tried arugula yet but the rest of it sounds yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and colourful salad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips