Blogging Marathon# 64: Week 3/ Day 3
Theme: Wholewheat Dishes
Dish: Wholewheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
So for the final day of 'Wholewheat dishes', I have my kids absolute favorite cookie, Chocolate chip cookie. They were so happy when I made them and I was happy that they are made with wholewheat flour are a little more nutritious than the ones with all purpose flour.
Wholewheat Chocolate Chip CookiesIngredients:
- 6tbsp Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ⅓cup Granulated Sugar
- ½cup Light Brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3tbsp Honey
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½tsp Espresso powder
- ¾tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1tbsp Egg replacer whisked in 3tbsp water (or use 1 large egg)
- ½tsp Baking soda
- ½tsp Baking powder
- 2cups White Wholewheat Flour
- 2~3cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, honey, vanilla, espresso powder and salt until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, egg replacer mixture (or egg), baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in the flour, then the chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.
- Drop 1~1¼" balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10~11 minutes, until their bottoms are just starting to turn brown. They might look undone and very soft, but that's OK, these cookies are supposed to be soft.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, then allow them to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.