Blogging Marathon# 58: Week 2/ Day 1
Theme: Dry Vegetable Sautes
Dish: Chayote & Carrot Dry Curry
We are starting a brand new week of blogging marathon and my theme for this week is 'Dry Vegetable Sautes or Dry Curries'. I just realized that all the themes I picked for this month require easy to make, everyday dishes which was just perfect because with the upcoming festive season, it is going to be a food fest wherever you turn :-)
During my initial days of cooking, I made chayote in this curry form. I didn't think it could be used in any gravy curries until I started blogging and exploring new dishes. But I never shared my mom's simple dry saute here, so I have it for you today.
Chayote and Carrot Dry CurryIngredients:
- 1 medium Chayote, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2~3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 8~10 Curry Leaves
- 1tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Chana dal
- 1tsp Urad dal
- 1 Dry red chili
- 2tbsp Grated Coconut, either fresh or dry
- To taste Salt
- Heat 2tsp oil in a saute pan, add mustard seed, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, red chili and curry leaves.
- Once the seeds start to pop, add green chilies, chayote, carrot and salt. Cover and cook till the veggies are tender, about 12~15 minutes.
- Stir in the grated coconut and turn off the heat. Serve with rice or roti.