Cook's Hideout: Avocado Mango Salad

November 18, 2015

Avocado Mango Salad

Blogging Marathon# 58: Week 3/ Day 2
Theme: Salads
Dish: Avocado Mango Salad
After a super simple moong dal salad yesterday, I have yet another simple, no-cook, easy to make Avocado Mango salad. I made this salad in July, during the peak mango season. But somewhat good-quality ripe mangoes are available in grocery stores all year long. So there is no reason to wait for summer to make this dish.
Salad with Avocado & Mango
Recipe is from 'Vegan Eats World' By Terry Hope Romero. All the recipe needs is some chopping and mixing and that's it, you have a delicious salad in no time. Adding cashews adds a nice crunch factor to the otherwise creamy salad.

Salad with Avocado & Mango
Palm sugar adds slight sweetness to the dressing. It is sold in little chunks in Asian stores , but if you can't get your hands on it, then it can be subbed with some light brown sugar. It is best to make this salad just before serving and enjoy right away. 

Salad with Avocado & Mango
Ingredients:
  • 1 Ripe Avocado, diced
  • 1 Ripe Mango, peeled and diced
  • 1 Medium Red Onion, chopped
  • 1cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
  • 1tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
  • 1 Hot Green Chili, finely minced
  • ¼cup Cashews, roasted and coarsely chopped
  • 2tbsp Lime Juice
  • 1tbsp Palm Sugar or Light brown sugar
  • To taste Salt & Pepper
Method:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add the diced avocado and toss a few times in the dressing.
  2. Next add the mango, red onion, cilantro, mint, green chili and cashews to the bowl. Gently mix all the ingredients to make sure that the dressing coats the veggies evenly. Serve immediately and enjoy!!
Salad with Avocado & Mango

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 58.
Signature

6 comments:

  1. All new combination...... Looks very colourful and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get those now. super yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bursting with fresh flavors. I am not a fan of salads but I can enjoy this one without any complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting combo for a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll happily finish that bowl of salad, my favourite avocado and mango tempting me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drooling here to see the salad.All my fav ingredients in one bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips