Cook's Hideout: 7 Cup Sweet

October 21, 2006

7 Cup Sweet

Diwali is so much fun with lots of food and firecrackers. I miss the firecrackers part in U.S, but to compensate that I made this really sweet treat.
7 cup sweet tastes similar to Mysore Pak, but it is way easy to make. As the name suggests it has 7 cups (a cup could be any measure) of ingredients and that’s it, cook them all together to make this delicious treat. You can also make 5 cup sweet, by omitting 1 cup sugar and 1 cup coconut.
7 Cup Sweet
Updated Pic from April 2013

Ingredients:
Besan (Chickpea flour) – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 cups
Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee (or unsweetened butter) – 1 cup
Method:
  • Combine all the ingredients together in a heavy bottom pan on medium low flame.
  • Cook stirring occasionally for about 20-25 minutes or until the mixture starts to get frothy. At this stage, you have to be hovering around the stove more often, stirring. Keep stirring frequently for another 15-20 minutes.
  • After a while, the whole mixture starts to pull away from the bottom of the pan and starts moving with the spoon. Remove onto a greased plate at this point and allow to cool.
  • Score into squares or diamonds when slightly warm and enjoy the melt in your mouth taste of this simple sweet.

7 comments:

  1. You just killed me Pavani.:)

    I LOVE, love this sweet. They taste so good, don't they?

    I've been resisting the sweet temptation that Jihva offered sofar, but you broke my resistance with this irresistible sweet. Now I must prepare these delicious diamond bars. Too much temptation they are for me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey the sweet looks so delicious. I am waiting to trying it.
    waiting for more sweets recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi pavani,
    after making this sweet.how long can we keep in tightcontainer.today i will try ur sweet.my mother in law makes this sweet but she doesnt add milk.ur method and my in law method its quit different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pavani, Tried this recipe. It is delicious. However, would love to try the without-milk recipe. Please do let us know the ingredients.

      Delete
  4. thank you so so much for posting this. I was surfing the net for the recipe to this yummy dish and came across ur page.Found your instructions very clear and easy to understand.
    take care,
    --Pri

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi all!

    you can also add some cashew nuts, powdered or cut into pieces... either before cutting the sweet to the shapes.. or u can also add along with the other ingredients.. this will make this sweet some more yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I followed your recipe and made it last night. I did not get this color, but slightly darker.
    Also, its a bit chewy, and not hard. I used 1 cup coconut and 3 cups sugar. Any idea what went wrong?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips