Cook's Hideout: Broccoli-Edamame Saute

October 06, 2006

Broccoli-Edamame Saute

I dont have anytime to cook our lunch in the morning. I usually make more the night before and pack it up for lunch the next day. But some days after a long day at work, when it is almost impossible to get the dinner on the table, there is no way I can even think about lunch for the next day. On top of that, both of us work in industrial areas where there are nothing around in walking distance and will have to drive at least 10 minutes to get to the nearest Wendy's (where there are practically no vegetarian items on the menu except for yogurt w/granola and french fries).
So anyway this week, on one of my dog-tired days, I made this quick and easy edamame saute. I had chopped onions (left over from the day before) in the fridge and I used frozen broccoli, corn and edamame (fresh soybeans). All I had to chop was one tomato and that was easy.

Ingredients:
Broccoli florets - 1 cup
Corn kernels - 1/4 cup
Shelled edamame - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
Tomato - 1 medium chopped
Lemon juice - 1tbsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste

Method:
  • Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, saute onions till transparent and slightly pink.
  • Add broccoli, corn, edamame (thawed if using frozen), saute for 5 minutes.
  • Add tomatoes, cumin, chaat masala, chili powder and salt. Saute for another 5 minutes, dont let the tomato get mushy.
  • Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and mix well.

Pack it up in your lunch box, warm it at work and enjoy.

Note: After reading Mythili's post track your wealth, I realized that we should be eating more fruits and vegetables. So this is a great way to enjoy your energy packed veggies especially edamame and broccoli.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very esay.thanks for sharing.nice try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for the wonderful and easy recipe. very tasty

    Geetha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips