Cook's Hideout: Egyptian Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh Cookies for #Food of the World

June 14, 2016

Egyptian Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh Cookies for #Food of the World

For this month's Food of the World event, we are going to Egypt. I have a ton of vegetarian Egyptian recipes bookmarked that I wanted to try for today, but then I ended up making these easy-to-make 3-ingredient cookies.
Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh
I met some of my blog buddies last month and I was wondering what to take for them. Then I googled for Egyptian cookies and these Ghorayabeh or Ghreybeh came up. Like I said the recipe only has 3 ingredients and is very easy to put together with ingredients straight from the pantry. Some of the recipes had cardamom, but I kept it plain. If you want add a little ground cardamom or vanilla to flavor the cookies.
Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh
These Egyptian cookies are almost like our Indian nankhatai with a crumbly, melt-in-your mouth texture. They are very rich and buttery. Traditionally they are made in a ring shape with a whole pistachio placed on the seam, but I took the easy way out and made them into regular round cookies.
Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh

Recipe from Suma's Veggie Platter:

Egyptian Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh Cookies (Makes 12 cookies)
Ingredients:
  • ½cup Ghee, Melted
  • ½cup Sugar, powdered
  • 1cup All purpose flour
  • As needed Whole Almonds
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat the ghee and sugar until creamy, about 3~4 minutes. Add flour and mix to form a smooth, pliable dough.
  3. Divide the dough into small lemon size pieces. Flatten slightly and place a whole almond on top. Place them on the prepared pan. Bake for 18~20 minutes. Make sure that the cookies don't change color.
  4. Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Ghorayebah or Ghreybeh

Please visit our cohosts blogs and follow their sites! 

 


Submit your Egyptian recipes using the linky tool below:

Signature

6 comments:

  1. Looks so delightful and love the 3 ingredient choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there's only three ingredients and that it's a small batch. Looking forward to giving these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks so good Pavani! Love to try these soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look like they have great texture. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful texture you got to the cookies. Lovely share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx so much for sharing these cookies with me - they tasted so great and what an awesome texture

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips