Blogging Marathon#65: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Wheat flour Kuzhi Paniyaram from Sandhya
We are starting the last week of blogging marathon today and my theme is 'Bookmarked Recipes'. This happens to be one of my favorite themes because it gives me a chance to try some of the recipes that I bookmarked. First up are these delicious Wheat flour Kuzhi Paniyaram from Sandhya.
Recipe from Sandhya's blog:
Wheat flour Kuzhi PaniyaramIngredients:
- ¾cup Wheat flour/ Atta
- ¼cup Rawa/ Semolina
- 2tbsp Rice flour
- ½cup Yogurt
- ½tsp Baking soda
- 1small Onion, finely chopped
- 2~3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1tsp Ginger, finely grated
- ½tsp Mustard seeds
- ½tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Urad dal
- A pinch Asafoetida/ Hing
- 6~8 Curry leaves
- 2tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- To taste Salt
- In a bowl, combine wheat flour, sooji, rice flour and salt. Mix well.
- Next add the yogurt and enough water to make a thick batter. Make sure to whisk well to make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- In a small pan, heat 2tsp oil and add urad dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to splutter, add hing, curry leaves, ginger and onions. Cook till the onions turn translucent. Season with salt. Do not add too much because the batter already has salt in it.
- Add the onion mixture to wheat batter along with cilantro and mix well.
- Heat the appam pan, add about 1/2tsp oil in each hole. Add about 1~2tbsp of the batter, cover the pan and cook the paniyarams until golden brown. Gently flip and cook until golden on the second side.
- Remove and serve with your favorite chutney.