This Methi-Tomato Paneer curry recipe is from a Telugu cooking show. It is a simple curry with very simple ingredients, methi, tomato and paneer. It is a great side dish for rice or roti.
Methi Tomato PaneerIngredients:
- 1cup Methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1cup Tomato puree
- 1cup Paneer, diced
- 1tsp Ginger+garlic paste
- 2 Green Chilies, slit
- 1/2~1tsp Red Chili powder (adjust as per taste)
- 1/4tsp Turmeric
- 2tbsp Dry grated coconut
- 1tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1tbsp Cashews
- 1tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2tsp Kasoori Methi
- To taste Salt
- Dry roast the coconut, poppy seeds and cashews until lightly golden. Cool slightly and grind to a smooth paste adding water as needed.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan; add onions, ginger+garlic paste and cook till they start turning lightly browned around the edges.
- Add turmeric, methi leaves and green chilies. Cook covered till the methi leaves are wilted.
- Next add the coconut-poppy-cashew paste and cook for 2~3 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomato puree, red chili powder, ground coriander and salt. Cover and cook for 3~4 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook till they are heated through. Gently crush kasoori methi in the palm and add it to the curry. Mix well and turn off the heat. Serve with roti, rice or biryani.
Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge: June -- Week 2'.