Cook's Hideout: Apple Pie Smoothie

January 19, 2014

Apple Pie Smoothie

I make sure that I take a copy of 'Chop Chop' magazine from my kid's pediatrician's office. It is a fun book with some very simple to make recipes and activity ideas for kids. My son loves to read this book cover to cover and really enjoys doing the word scramble and kid quizes.
Today's recipe is a simple smoothie from that book. I asked my son to pick a recipe that we can make together and this was something he thought he would like. He didn't really care for the texture of oats in the smoothie and I tried to explain to him the health benefits of oats. All in all this is a very healthy smoothie and is great as an after school snack.

Apple Pie Smoothie

Ingredients: Serves 2~3
Apple - 1 cored and chopped
Yogurt - ¾cup
Milk - 1cup (I used Soy milk)
Very ripe Banana - 1 medium (frozen is preferred)
Oats - 2tbsp (use 2tbsp raw almonds instead)
Agave Nectar - 1~2tsp (optional)
Vanilla extract - ½tsp
Ground Cinnamon - ½tsp
Ice Cubes - 2~4 (optional)

Method:

  • Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Apple Pie Smoothie




Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge' - January Week 3.








Signature

11 comments:

  1. Simple and yummy drink! I am sure the kids would love this for their evening drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome recipe love it very very tempting loved oats in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe if you try soaking the oats in a little of the milk for a bit first. they will soften and he probably wont notice the oats then - regardless I am sure flavor was on point

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely smoothie, good to know that your son liked this from his clippings :) Similarly, here, me and daughter enjoy 'HEALTHY CHUTTY' program from chutti TV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun recipe.Looks tempting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    I have just sent you a message through facebook regarding our project.
    We MyTaste.com, one of the biggest recipe search engine in United States and in the world, would like to invite your blog to be featured on our site and make your recipes available to many people. If you like it, you can join through this link www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog.
    This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.
    Full information has been sent to your email/Facebook... Cheers =)
    For any questions: info@mytaste.com
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple & delicious smoothie, Pavani !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a healthy and filling smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is yum. Maybe like Mir says I will try soaking the oats first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healthy & delicious smoothies..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips