Blogging Marathon#66: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Lemon Rasam from Nalini
We are starting our final week of blogging marathon today and my theme for the week is 'Bookmarked recipes'. For the first day I made this simple yet very tasty Lemon rasam from Nalini's blog.
Recipe from Nalini's Kitchen:
- 2tbsp Toor dal
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, finely chopped or ground to a paste
- 1/2tsp Sambar powder (adjust as per taste)
- 1/4tsp Turmeric
- To taste Salt
- 8~10 Curry leaves
- 2tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped For the Spice powder:
- 11/2tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp Peppercorn
- 1~2 Green Chilies For Tempering:
- 1tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/8tsp Fenugreek seeds/ Menthulu
- 1/4tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1 Dry Red chili
- Cook dal until mushy. Add 1/2cup water, mash well and keep aside.
- Grind the ingredients for the spice powder.
- In a bowl, add the chopped/ ground tomatoes, freshly ground spice powder, sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir in the cooked toor dal and cilantro.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2tsp oil, add the mustard and fenugreek seeds and once the seeds start to splutter, add asafoetida, dry red chili and curry leaves.
- Add the tomato-toor dal mixture and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice. Sprinkle some cilantro and cover the pot and let sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve hot with steamed rice and curry.