Cook's Hideout: Avocado-Palak Roti

July 19, 2016

Avocado-Palak Roti


Blogging Marathon# 66: Week 3/ Day 1
Theme: Kid's Delight -- Lunch Box Recipes
Dish: Bean Burrito with Potatoes
For the final day of this week's marathon, I have a healthy roti for the kids lunchbox. I was planning to make Nalini's Avocado roti but then had some baby spinach in the fridge that needed to be used up, so that's how these avocado-spinach rotis were born.
Avocado Spinach Flatbread
Avocados are very healthy and provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, vitamin E and folic acids. I like it quite a bit but my husband is allergic to it, so I usually eat it by myself but never make it for the family. But I wanted to at least see how the kids like it.

Avocados make these rotis very very soft and stay that way for a very long time, which makes them perfect for packing for lunch. I followed Nalini's recipe and added some spices to the rotis, you don't really need a side dish. I served with pickle for myself but my son had them with some cheese.
Avocado Spinach Flatbread

Avocado Palak Roti

Ingredients:
  • 1 Avocado, peeled and mashed
  • 2cups Spinach leaves
  • 11/2~2cups Atta (wholewheat flour)
  • 1~2 Green chilies
  • 1/2tsp Garam Masala
  • To taste Salt
  • 2tbsp Oil
Method:
  1. Steam or boil or saute spinach until wilted. Grind to a paste along with the avocado and green chili.
  2. Combine the spinach paste, atta, garam masala, salt and oil in a mixing bowl. Mix and knead into a smooth, pliable dough. Cover and set aside for 15~20 minutes.
  3. Divide the dough into 6~8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 6~7" rotis.
  4. Cook on a tawa on medium-high heat until brown spots form on both sides, about 1~2 minutes per side. Brush some ghee or vegan butter on the roti. Serve with raita and/ or pickle.
Avocado Spinach Flatbread

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 66.
Linking this to Kid's Delight-Lunchbox Recipes event (started by Valli) going on right here on my blog.
Signature

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful picture pavani and this surely makes a healthy meal..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a healthy and nutritious roti, how prefect and soft they are. Prefect to pack in lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very innovative and healthy rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Its beautiful I love the pic of the pickle on theparatha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and healthy roti , perfect for lunch box .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty roti. Lovely pick for the theme too, perfect to sneak veggies into the lunchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a healthy and beautiful roti!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips