I wanted to use up some of the pumpkin puree I had left after making a dessert for Thanksgiving (recipe for Individual no-bake pumpkin pie coming up soon). I browsed through Pinterest board and found these delicious Pumpkin Cake doughnuts recipe from King Arthur Flour.
I don't have a standard size doughnut pan, so I made them into muffins instead. Also since I only had 1cup of pumpkin puree left, I adjusted the quantitiesof the ingredients accordingly. Original recipe had 3 eggs and with my downsizing the recipe I had to use 2 which I comfortably substituted with egg replacer powder.
Recipe adapted from here.
Vegetable Oil - 1/3cup
Sugar - ¾cup (increase up to 1cup if you prefer sweeter muffins)
Eggs - 2 (or whisk 2tbsp egg replacer in 6tbsp of water)
Pumpkin puree - 1cup (canned or homemade)
Pumpkin pie spice - 1tsp (make your own, recipe here)
Salt - 1tsp
Baking powder - 1tsp
All purpose flour - 1cup + 2tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray standard size muffin tin with cooking spray or line them with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs (or egg replacer mixture), pumpkin puree, spices, salt and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin with the batter, filling each well until ¾th full. Bake in the preheated oven for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove onto a cooling rack and cool completely.