This holiday season I made 3 different types of cookies (recipes for these are coming up soon) and this fruit cake to give as edible gifts. I also made eggless no-bake mango cheesecake as dessert for Christmas. So along with all these sugar laden goodies, I wanted to make something savory to tame our tastebuds and also as a treat to my BIL who doesn't like sugary treats.
All purpose flour - 2cups
Baking powder - 1tbsp
Black Pepper - 1tsp (adjust as per taste)
Cumin seeds - 2tsp
Salt - 1tsp
Milk - 6tbsp
Oil - ½cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- Combine flour, baking powder, black pepper, cumin seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add oil. Mix until the mixture is crumbly.
- Now add milk 1tbsp at a time and mix until the mixture starts to come together. When you squeeze the flour mixture in your hand it should hold its shape.
- Make lemon size balls and flatten the cookies. Place them on the prepared baking sheet about 1" apart.
- Bake for 10~15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on wire rack. Once cooled store them in airtight container.