Cook's Hideout: Best of 2013

December 31, 2013

Best of 2013

I can't believe this year flew by this fast. But I have to because this time last year I had a 3 month old infant who had to be carried around and a year later I have a 15 month toddler who cannot stay still at one place. Time sure flies.
Year 2013 has been my best year as far as my personal life and blogging is concerned. I resigned my job in January to be a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) to my kids. Spending time with kids has been a fulfilling experience as well. I am happy that I was able to spend quality time with my 6 year old son and my 15 month old daughter. Being a SAHM also meant little more time for blogging. Thanks to the BM group and especially to Valli for keeping me motivated to cook, click and blog.

Here are some of my best for 2013:
Highest # of posts in a year EVER: I cannot believe this myself, but I posted a little over 250 posts this year. Yay for me. The most I posted was 124 posts back in 2009.

A-Z Vegetarian dishes from Andhra Pradesh: Month long blogging marathon in September had to be the best thing that ever happened to 'Cook's Hideout'. Doing an A-Z dishes from Andhra Pradesh had been in my mind for a long time and I was finally able to do it. Thanks again to Valli and the ever enthusiastic BM group.
A-Z Andhra Dishes
A-Z Vegetarian Dishes from Andhra Pradesh
Cake Decorating Classes: I finally made time and took Wilton Cake decorating classes this Spring. They have really helped my cakes look a lot prettier than before.
Wilton Cake Decorating
Wilton Cake Decorating
Best Savory Dish: Biryanis have scored big at my home this year. Dal biryani, Veg Dum Biryani, Rajasthani Gatte ka Biryani, Shahi Biryani, Qabooli Biryani and Slow Cooker Biryani made it to the blog this year. With my love for biryanis growing, I still have more recipes to come in the new year.
Qabooli Biryani
Qabooli Biryani
Best Cake & Cupcake: Of all the cakes this year, this eggless mango cake is the best I made. It was a super duper hit with everyone who tasted it.
Eggless Mango Cake
Eggless Mango Cake
These Pistachio-Rosewater cupcakes is another super hit with everyone.
Pistchio-Rosewater Cupcakes
Pistchio-Rosewater Cupcakes
Best Dessert: All my individual serving desserts were received well this year. This no-bake eggless mango cheesecake was a sure shot winner at all parties.
No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
Best Dishes from each month:January:
Meatless Meatballs with Soy Crumbles
Meatless Meatballs with Soy Crumbles
February:
Paneer Vegetable Frankie
Paneer Vegetable Frankie
March:
Vegetarian Xacuti
Vegetarian Xacuti
April:
Bobbatlu/ Puran Poli
Bobbatlu/ Puran Poli
May:
Eggless Chocolate Cake
Eggless Chocolate Cake
June:
Misal Pav
Misal Pav
July:
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Banana Cake
August:
Indian Style Cappuccino
Indian Style Cappuccino
September:
Gongura Pulihora
Gongura Pulihora
October:
Zeppole (Eggless Recipe)
Zeppole (Eggless Recipe)
November:
Eggless Carrot Cake with Indian Spices
Eggless Carrot Cake with Indian Spices
December:
Eggless Challah Bread
Eggless Challah Bread
Here's wishing all of you a Healthy & Prosperous New Year with lots of nutritious and delicious food (as a food blogger everything somehow revolves around food :-)

Linking this to Valli's Best of 2013 event.







Signature

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful recipes.. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pavani, thank you so much for the efforts you put into your lovely blog. I enjoy every single moment I spend here reading and enjoying your pictures..:)..I wish we were close by so that I could enjoy your delicious treat!..Every single picture rekindles memories that were so precious..I had enjoyed your A-Z Andhra dishes so much and so many new dishes for me to make...and of course your pictures bring it so much alive..thank you..:) Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great roundup....that challah looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy new year.
    That's a wonderful recap, Pavani. As Valli mentioned I enjoy visiting and reading thru your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips