Cook's Hideout: Oatmeal with Honey & Dates

October 24, 2013

Oatmeal with Honey & Dates

Blogging Marathon# 33: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: BM# 32 Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Quick Oatmeal with Dates & Honey by Sreevalli
We start our last and final week of BM# 33 for this month and my theme for this week is 'Bookmarked recipes from BM# 32'. This was probably the hardest theme for me this month. I had a very tough time selecting 3 dishes to make from more than 550 dishes.
Finally after a lot of deliberation, I decided on 3 dishes based on the ingredients I had in my pantry. So for the first day I made this quick, simple and healthy Quick Oatmeal with Dates & Honey from Sreevalli's Ammaji's Recipes.
This was one of the recipes that I knew I would make right away because I love oatmeal and keep trying new recipes. The combination of dates and honey sounded very appealing to me and I wondered why I didn't think of it earlier.
Oatmeal with Honey & Dates
Sreevalli made it in the microwave and called it quick oatmeal, but I made it on the stove top which takes a few more minutes than microwave. Either way this is a very quick and healthy breakfast that gets done in less than 10minutes. I generally use soy milk in my oatmeal, but any milk or even water (for a less creamy oatmeal) can be used.
Oatmeal with Honey & Dates
Ingredients: Serves 1
Rolled Oats - ½cup
Milk - 1cup
Honey - 2tsp (adjust as per taste)
Dates - 6-8, chopped
Almonds - 1tbsp, chopped

Method:
  • Combine oats and milk in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the oats are cooked till tender.
  • Mix honey, chopped dates and almonds; mix well and serve immediately.
Oatmeal with Honey & Dates
I found this cute honey jar in one of the kitchen stores and absolutely loved it especially that bumble bee on the scoop :-)
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 33.
Signature

13 comments:

  1. Pavani, lovely way to start the day! I absolutely love that jar....Just staring at the cute little jar will make one's day cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pictures..I agree you guys must have had a tough time deciding on just three right..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I missed commenting on the jar!..very cute indeed..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that honey jar is so cute. .with that little bee..and of course the oatmeal sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow such an healthy oatmeal perfect breakfast dish :) love that cute honey container :) fabulous clicks dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the honey pot and oatmeal looks scrumptious - wow when you put how many recipes to choose from no wonder I had such a hard time deciding. I too finally selected what I had available already in the house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a great fan of oats but this one is very healthy a must have breakfast at everyone house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its difficult to choose three from a fabulous selection of so many recipes! The honey jar looks so cute and the simple oatmeal is definitely a healthy option to begin the day with..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great booster to kick of the day!! never added almonds to my oats and sure I will love this nutty oats..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, i love your honey pot, its soo super cute.. Wat a best and fiber rich prefect breakfast na..One of my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The honey jar is a beauty. So cute. Nice quick and healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so true , I also prefered to use my pantry ingredients and then decided the recipes from the vast list.
    Ohh! I am loving that jar , so cute and oatmeal bowl looks scrumptious !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love the cute honey pot! Love the bowl of oatmeal! My fav ingredient is Oats as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips