Cook's Hideout: Corn-Tomato Relish

August 23, 2011

Corn-Tomato Relish

I’m back to blogging, thanks to Valli for another edition of Blogging Marathon. This is the 8th edition and I join the 2nd group of 20 bloggers who are all set to blog for the next one week. I chose “Condiments” and “Cooking with 5 ingredients or less” as my themes for this week. So you will see 4 lip smacking condiments and 3 easy to put together 5 ingredient dishes.


For the first day of the marathon, I made this fresh, no-cook Corn & Tomato relish that goes well with some corn chips or as a side for tacos. Use the freshest corn and tomatoes you can find for the best taste. Also I read somewhere that it is best to use corn as soon as you buy them; if you keep them too long they start to develop starches and make the veggie mealy.



Recipe is from Martha Stewart’s “Everyday Cooking” magazine.
Ingredients:
Corn kernels – from 2 ears, about 1cup
Tomato – 1 medium, finely chopped
Green onion – 1, thinly sliced, crosswise
Cilantro – 2tbsp, finely chopped
Green chili/ Jalapeno – 1, finely chopped (remove the seeds & veins if you cannot handle heat, I left them in)
Lime juice – 1tbsp
Salt & Pepper – to taste



Method:
  • Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. 

Now wasn't that easy to make. This relish can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have been cooking up for Day 1 of BM# 8.

Sending this relish over to Valli's "Condiment Mela" & Aipi's "Bookmarked Recipes-Every Tuesday" events.

Signature

26 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Pavani I am not sure what change has happened but your pictures are so beautiful!..and I love the header, awesome work on that!..I am so glad you join us again..:)..and do send these for the condiment mela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presentation..Delicious corn chaat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks colourful and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely relish..looks delicious n yumm

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's healthy and yum ...gud one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh tender corn would taste great in this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I am a huge fan of corn, which you can check in my recent posts. Thanks for the interesting recpies

    Pradnya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats such flavorful relish better than dipping sauce..lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious. Fresh and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the dish looks nice and hope u have fun running the marathon...will be coming back to check your yummy collection...following you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So easy to put together

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the colors and the photo ~ nice summery recipe!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ur Pics Have a vibrant color..Nice post on healthy snacking..Happy to join u in blogging marathon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super colourful and flavourful relish, love ur blog's new look..

    ReplyDelete
  16. pics are tempting and looks truly delish and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect delicious evening snack!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love anything with corn. You used raw fresh corn? No need to grill or roast the kernels?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you everyone.

    Valli, Thank you so much. My husband helped me make the header and I'm so glad you commented on it.

    Usha, I used farmer's market fresh corn and it was so sweet and tender--that last pic with the chip went right into my mouth after clicking and the whole bowl followed suite. But I'm sure grilled corn would work well too, just a little more work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. corn is a favorite with all n this looks awsum!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummy one Pavani. As others have mentioned .. pictures are eye catchy :)

    Vardhini
    Check out my 100th post giveaway.
    Current Event: Herbs and Flowers - Garlic

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely header Pavani, and lovely to see you again in BM ! great clicks of the post too.. i feel I am in a garden with loads of light and sun ... :D

    Cheers
    Kalyani
    New Event: Fasting Foods – Vrat ka Khaana Special
    Event: healthy Lunchbox ideas – Carrots – all this August

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks so fresh n yummy, colorful salad

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both the salad and your blog look so refreshing. Love the new colorful look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips