Cook's Hideout: Banana-Cocoa Smoothie

August 28, 2011

Banana-Cocoa Smoothie

Hurricane Irene is causing major destruction in the east coast this weekend. As I type, I can hear the wind blowing and the pouring rain. They say there are thousands of people without power due to fallen trees. I can see a big tree limb from a neighbors tree in our backyard. I just hope my tomatoes and bottle gourd survive the hurricane (I know I'm being a little wane, but can't help thinking of them).


So for today I have this very simple smoothie that I made for snack time the other day. If you have frozen bananas this is a snap to make. I have been storing my over-ripe bananas in the freezer, so they can be used in some way or the other rather than throwing them out.


Smoothie has only 5 ingredients and is very filling. I had it with some pita chips and hummus.


Recipe adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
Ingredients:
Bananas - 2 frozen
Soy milk - 2 cups (original recipe called for Chocolate soy milk, use it if you have it)
Cocoa powder - 2tsp (reduce the amount if you are use chocolate soy milk)
Agave Nectar - 2tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
Ice cubes - 8 (optional)

Method
  • Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!!

Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up for Day 6 of BM# 8.

Signature

19 comments:

  1. stay safe Pavani..lovely smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely banana and chocolate are great combination. Love your serving in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm... looks very tasty....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were craving smoothies today but had no electricity to power up the blender!!! But now the power is back and these look like just the right thing to top off a difficult weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always store bananas in the freezer to be used later for banana bread. This is another great idea to use up those frozen bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A classic breakfast drink n the pics are so neat!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely combination.. love the presentation too.. gr8 job dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pavani,T.C ....smoothie looks real cool n inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think banana and chocolate are perfect for each other!...very perfect drink it is for sure! :) yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So did you veggie survive the hurricane? The smoothie looks very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all.

    CL, we put all the plants in containers in the garage. So they are fine. Tomatoes are fine. Lauki I think too a beating, I'm waiting to see if it will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for a great idea- this was so good! I doubled the bananas and cocoa but left the milk the same. This gave it the texture and taste of a chocolate milkshake- it was SO GOOD! I also added some homemade pb but I couldn't really taste it, lol. Now I know to always freeze my going-bad bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The recipe looks great. Can I try this with regular milk instead of Soy Milk?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips