Cook's Hideout: Creamy Avocado-Cilantro Dressing

May 06, 2009

Creamy Avocado-Cilantro Dressing

I love avocados, they are so creamy and delicious. I usually buy a 4 pack from BJs, I make sure that I pick slightly firm ones. I let them ripe on the counter for 2-3 days, use as required or refrigerate in plastic bag for future use, but make sure to use them up within 7-10days. I add them to salads, use them to make rotis (thanks to Indira for her awesome avocado roti recipe), make guacamole or make this dressing.
This makes a thickish dressing that’s great on a salad or as a dip. Inspired from Rachael Ray’s avocado dressing.

Ingredients:
Avocado – 2 ripe
Cilantro – 1 cup, roughly chopped
Red Onion – 1 small, chopped (or 2 medium shallots)
Juice of 2 lemons (more or less depending on the tanginess of the lemon)
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Jalapeno – 1, chopped
Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
Salt & pepper – to taste

Method:
  • Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
I served it over salad greens with grape tomatoes and chopped scallions. This is my entry to JFI-Cilantro being hosted by Cilantro. Thanks to Cilantro for extending the date for sending in the entries. Indira @ Mahanandi is the brain behind JFI.
Signature

16 comments:

  1. Avacado Dressing looks so tempting, I used to put cucumber instead of onion,but quite sure this will taste good as well.Also shall try avacado roti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous almost like green butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking so good..!!!
    I like the buttery texture of avocado...lovely dresing gal..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious avacado dip pavani looks so green and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wata gorgeous dressing, just love both avocado and cilantro..prefect entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah looks creamy and delicous, love thecolour too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That salad and dressing looks divine. Now this kinda food you get plenty in Sweden! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow green is always healthy and yum...salad looks yummylicious....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer is here... the creamy avacado dip is tempting and speaks 1000 words to me telling how good it tastes and what an amazing summer afternoon it would with the dip and tortillas...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what Pavani, I have a couple of them softening up in the fridge and I have been looking for ways to eat them without having to make them into the regular avocado butter... this looks so creamy and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had an avocado sitting in my refrigerator for the last few days. Maybe I should do something like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks delicious, and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bowl is so adorable! and the dressing so creamy. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what adressing looks so tempting and so beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, two of my favorites paired up... cilantro and avocado!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips