Cook's Hideout: Roasted Potatoes with Amma’s Curry Powder

May 22, 2009

Roasted Potatoes with Amma’s Curry Powder

I always have a stock of all kinds of homemade masalas made by my mom. I ran out of curry powder that we use in fried and sautéed dishes and I had to make it myself. Guess what it has only 3 ingredients and there is no roasting involved.
Roasted Potatoes with Amma’s Curry Powder

Ingredients:
Chili powder – 1 cup
Coriander seeds – 1 cup
Cumin seeds – ½ cup
Roasted Potatoes with Curry Powder
Method:
  • Blend the seeds into a powder in a spice blender. Add chili powder, whir it for another couple of seconds so everything mixes well. Store in air tight container and use as needed.
Tastes great on dry fries like this pan roasted baby potatoes, chamadumpala vepudu (yumm) (arbi fry), aratikaya vepudu (raw banana fry), oh and above all bendakaya vepudu (okra fry). Can also be used in curries like this yummy eggplant & onion sauté (my absolute favorite).

Roasted Potatoes with Curry PowderRoasted Potatoes with Curry Powder
Pics Updated: June 2013
Signature

16 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well roasted potatoes, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...look at those beauties...they look absolutely yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so beautiful pic and yummy spicy potatoes mmmmmmmmm yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pavani,
    I use the same spice powders in stir fries like those with potatoes and arbi but individually. Blending them together is a handy tip. Thanks for sharing. The potato stiry fry looks so droolworthy.
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so simple, but sometimes simple is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those potatoes are to die for, Pavani. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply love potatoes in jackets....and these with some dal rice....heaven heaven....looks delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow love the golden roasted potatoes....Hmm that flavourful powder sounds yummy......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roasted potatoes look delicious...gorgeous clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Pavani, the potatoes are looking so yummy and gorgeous!!! On wow the light brown to the drak of the shades on a bowl makes me want for some now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks absolutely gorgeous....I share something similar.I depend alot on my mom's curry powder too.But she roast the ingredients and then coarsely grinds it.She adds Chana Dal too....urs looks wonderful..very tempted to make this:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully roasted! Podis are very easy to make. But I always wonder why our moms prepare it for their children. guess it is just passing on love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great.

    When my mom was here,she made the chilly powder for me to use in the curries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips