Cook's Hideout: Bread Omelet

August 19, 2006

Bread Omelet

After a long week of work, weekends appear like water in oasis and before you realize its the beginning of the week again. Sometimes over the weekends, I just wish time stops or at least moves veeeeeery slow. But all good things have to come to an end.

Pictures Updated December 2012:
Anyway coming back to our bread omelet. This is my husband's very famous dish, which he makes every once in a while as our weekend breakfast. This recipe is slightly different from regular bread omelet; since the omelet is outside instead of inside the bread.

 
Ingredients:
Eggs - 2
Whole grain Bread - 2 slices, toasted
Onion - 1 small chopped
Tomatoes - 1 small, deseeded and chopped
Hot sauce - 1tsp
Lemon juice - 1tsp
Salt and pepper - to taste

Method:
  • Beat eggs with hot sauce, salt, pepper and 1tbsp of water till its well combined.
  • Combine chopped onions, tomatoes and lemon juice in a small bowl.
  • Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the egg mixture and cook for about 2 minutes or till it is golden brown. Flip the omelet to the other side.
  • Place both the bread slices on the omelet and add the onion-tomato mixture (as shown in the picture)

  • Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Fold and serve hot with ketchup.

 
It is one hearty breakfast and you dont have to think about lunch until you finish your weekend shopping.

7 comments:

  1. Pavani,

    There was a guy in Hyderabad that used to sell bread omelet. I used to look forward to going to Hyd just for his omelets. But one day he disappeared. Now his bead omelet has reappeared in your post! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pavani
    I dnt eat egss..but a frd of mine once forced me to hv tomato omlette... it turned out to be besan ka chila with tomatoes in it :) and it was yummmmm (usually served in maharashtra)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pavani,

    I heard that you helped Nav with their categories. Can you please let me know also? Having a bit of trouble (I sort of did it manually).

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pavani,

    I have been looking for an interested version of bread omlette as the regular was boring. Finally got one. Thanks a lot for you and your hubby.

    Mrudula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for ur recipe...My hubby appreciated me for doing this thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for ur recipe..
    My hubby loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips