Cook's Hideout: Green Beans curry

November 29, 2010

Green Beans curry

Vegan Mofo Day 29:

I usually buy frozen green beans and avoid the fresh ones since in fresh ones need time and patience for prep, which I don’t usually have. But when I saw this huge bag of fresh green beans for less than $1.50, I couldn’t help but buy a bag. But my husband ended up prepping them for me. He stringed and chopped them into tiny dice while watching football game (now that is called multi tasking, I wish he could do that more often).

Ingredients:
Green Beans – 3-4 cups, chopped
Onion – 1 medium, chopped finely
Garlic – 2 cloves, coarsely chopped
Curry leaves – 6
Red chili powder – ½ tsp (or more to taste)
Ground peanuts – 2tbsp
Salt – to taste
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Dry red chili – 2

Method:
  • Heat 1tbsp oil in a sauté pan, add cumin seeds and red chili, cook until the seeds start to sputter around.
  • Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Next add curry leaves and onions; cook until onions turn translucent.
  • Next add green beans and some salt. Cover and cook until the green beans are tender and cooked through; about 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
  • When the beans are cooked to your desired tenderness (my husband loves them well cooked, so I cook a little longer), add red chili powder, ground peanuts and more salt (if needed). Cook for another couple of minutes and serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
Signature

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips