Cook's Hideout: Zucchini Paratha

February 19, 2015

Zucchini Paratha

Blogging Marathon# 49: Week 3/ Day 3
Theme: One Vegetable - 3 Dishes
Dish: Bread - Zucchini Paratha
For the third day of this week's blogging marathon, I wanted to make a bread with Zucchini. I have tried quite a few bread recipes with zucchini, like this sweet carrot-zucchini bread, this everyday sourdough bread and this double chocolate bread. I wasn't in a mood to bake anything or make any sweet dish, so tried making parathas with zucchini.
Zucchini Paratha
I kept the paratha recipe simple with just grated zucchini and few spices because I was serving them with a spicy side dish. But you can add more spices and serve it with some yogurt and pickle.
Zucchini Paratha
I'm so glad I signed up for this theme this month. I finally got a chance to post these zucchini curry recipes that are staple in my house. It also gave me a chance to try this new zucchini paratha recipe, which I would never have even thought of. These parathas turned out great and even my picky 7 year old liked them. It is a great way to sneak in veggies for kids.
Zucchini Paratha
IngredientsMakes 8 parathas
Whole wheat Flour (Atta) - 1½cups
Zucchini - 1 medium, grated
Green chilies - 1~2, finely chopped
Red Chili powder - ½tsp (optional)
Ground Cumin - ½tsp
Salt - to taste

Method:
  • Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a soft and pliable dough. Don't let the dough sit for too long because zucchini oozes out water and the dough will get too sticky. So make the dough about 5~10 minutes before making the parathas.
  • Heat a tawa/ griddle on medium-high flame.
  • Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball, roll each ball out into a roughly 6" round disc. Use atta or rice flour to help you roll out the parathas.
  • Cook on the hot tawa until brown spots appear and the paratha is cooked on both sides. Brush some oil or butter while cooking the parathas for some extra flavor.
  • Keep the parathas warm by stacking them up in a kitchen towel while you make the remaining parathas. Serve hot with any curry or yogurt or pickle.
Zucchini Paratha
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 49
Signature

9 comments:

  1. The parathas have come out so yum Pavani...and your curry looks so inviting too..will look forward to see what that is..:)..enjoyed your series..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these too. I really love the picture with the side view of the stack of parathas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting parathas, Pavani. Shall try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been a while i made parathas with zucchini, they came out simply awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome and delicious parathas with zucchini, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zucchini Paratha looks awesome.Very well made..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting parathas Pavani! Bookmarking it to try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the complete set up,so well composed. I love the clicks so rustic love that jute matting and those green chillies. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following the recipe i made it... It's delicious... Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips