Cook's Hideout: Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)

March 26, 2014

Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)

Blogging Marathon# 38: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Revisiting Recipes
Dish: Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)
It was a little difficult to choose just 3 dishes to revisit for this week's BM. With 900+ recipes on the blog and over half of them taken with no sense of style or knowledge of lighting, it became an impossible task to pick the ones that needed the most TLC.
In the end I decided to make dishes with the ingredients that I had on hand. So for the last day of this month's marathon, I made this Bengali egg & potato curry, Dimer Dalna, because I had some boiled eggs (which happen to be my kids favorite) and boiled potatoes in the fridge and this seemed to a tasty way to combine both the ingredients.
Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)
I am going to keep the post short because I'm getting really nervous about the upcoming month long  mega marathon like a student preparing for final exams. Even though almost all the dishes are cooked and clicked, I still have to start working on the posts. Hopefully I'll be done drafting my posts soon.
Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)
Ingredients:
Eggs - 3, boiled and peeled (Martha Stewart's tip for perfectly boiled eggs: add cold eggs to cold water making sure that the water is at least 1" over the eggs. Bring water to a boil, turn off the heat, cover and set the timer to 13 minutes. Once done, remove the hot water and rinse with cold water. Peel and use)
Onions - 1 large, chopped
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
Potato - 1, peeled and chopped
Green Peas - 1/2 cup 
Green Chilies - 2
Bay leaf - 1
Ground Coriander - 1/2 tsp
Ground Cumin - 1/2tsp
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4tsp
Salt - to taste

Method:
  • Heat oil in a saute pan, add the bay leaf, onions and green chilies. Saute until onions are lightly browned.
  • Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
  • Add all the dry masalas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Next add the tomatoes, green peas and salt; cook until they turn mushy, about 3-4minutes. Finally add the eggs and cook for 2 more minutes.
  • Serve with rice or roti.
Dimer Dalna (Bengali Egg & Potato Curry)
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 38.
Signature

5 comments:

  1. Pavani, this is totally unfair!..your old picture looks very good to me..:)..still I can see the styling has made a great difference to the final product, on that account I let you go..and it should have been over so many of already great looking pictures it would have been hard to select one, not joking ok...very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. Like the recipe too. Quick, easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and very inviting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even i have the same problem, i have so many recipes need to re post with a neat pictures, but i feel so lazy to do. New click is just fingerlicking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. new photos are so much brighter and appetizing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips