Cook's Hideout: Spicy Thai Fried Rice with Sugar Snap Peas

September 17, 2009

Spicy Thai Fried Rice with Sugar Snap Peas

Fried rice is my go-to dish on days when I’m dog tired to cook anything and also when I’m trying to clean out the fridge. This is one such recipe and it tasted pretty good.


Ingredients:
Basmati Rice – 1½ cups, soaked in water for at least 15 mins
Lemon Grass – 2 tbsp finely chopped (from fleshy mid section of about 2 stalks)
Sugar snap peas – 1½ cups, finely chopped (I used frozen) Green beans can be substituted
Green Peas – 1 cup
Baby Corn – 14 oz. can, drained and rinsed
Shallot – 1, medium chopped
Green Chilies – 4, thinly sliced
Ginger – 1” piece, grated
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Thai Red Chili Sauce – 2tbsp
Soy sauce – 1tbsp
Asian chili sauce – 2tsp (optional, I used Sriracha chili sauce)
Salt – to taste

Method:
  • Cook rice and let it cool completely.
  • Heat 2tbsp peanut oil in a large sauté pan; add shallots, ginger, garlic and lemon grass and sauté till nice and fragrant about 2-3 minutes.
  • Add sugar snap peas and baby corn; cover and cook till they are tender about 5-7 minutes.
  • Now add Thai red chili sauce, hot sauce and soy sauce; stir fry for a minute.
  • Add thawed peas and stir fry for couple of minutes until heated through.
  • Finally add the cooked rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
  • Add scrambled egg or baked tofu to make it a complete meal.

Signature

15 comments:

  1. surely a refreshing rice after a long day.
    I am always impressed with ur photography skills dear. pass me a few tips too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm looks delectable pavani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am ready to finish that bowl, looks marvellous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pics, esp the second one, Pavani!I use red curry paste for Thai fried rice. Loved your version with chili pastes. And did I mention I LOVED the pics? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely tempting :) Nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rice looks yuuuummyy dear!! Just perfect for the any meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pavani - this looks so tempting...I love your dish too - Just want to grab that dish off my screen and eat it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very delicious and very beautiful clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bowl of rice is poping on my screen, anytime favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice bowl of fried rice.. who wouldnt love to have it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so delicious!And the bowl is very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so delicious! Congratulations on your toddler's bday...my boy is 61 1/2 months old and each day is a story in itself already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips